Think you could never be a mixed media artist? Well, think again! Mixed Media is just that – the mixing of various media in a single creation. With that simple definition, you might already be a mixed media artist, and not even know it! This technique intentionally mixes embossing paste with embossing powder to create a unique mashup for ultra-texture results!
Affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at
no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
supplies for using embossing paste with embossing powder
Nothing special here – probably stuff you already have in your stash! Of course, if you need to do some shopping, I always have supplies linked below and at the end of the post. But, before you shop, be sure to check out my Crafty Sales page for any deals you can take advantage of at your favorite crafting haunts.
- Embossing Paste (any kind will work)
- Embossing Powder
- Palette Knife
- Stencil (optional)
- Versamark (optional)
- Heat Tool
Looking for more specials and deals from your favorite craft stores?
Check out my Crafty Sales page – UPDATED DAILY!
steps to use embossing paste with embossing powder wrap
- Apply embossing paste to the project surface. Use a stencil if desired.
- Apply embossing powder to wet embossing paste. Either wait for the paste to dry with the powder embedded, or heat & dry immediately with a heat tool.
- To apply embossing powder after the paste is dry, apply anti-static powder, embossing ink and embossing powder as normal. Heat to melt.
- Explore with unique color combos, and stencils. Try applying the stencil over a swipe of embossing paste for a more random look.
Stop spending hours searching for techniques!
Discover the best mixed media and card making technique library, that’s guaranteed to eliminate hours of endless searching for new techniques and get you crafting faster!
Ad-free videos | Easy Search | PDF Technique Sheets
watch the technique tutorial
My How To tutorial videos are filmed with real-time narration. You can pull out your supplies and follow along because there’s no editing, except for drying time. Pause when you need to, but otherwise, get ready and create right along with me!
share and inspire someone today!
you make a difference!
You can help my craft education efforts by using these links to shop for your craft supplies! These are Compensated Affiliate Links, meaning that when you click and shop, I may receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you. It’s an easy way to say “thanks” and keep this great content flowing!