If you’re looking for a new way to create color contrast in a project, perhaps the unique results of bleach painting is just the technique you’re looking for!
Affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at
no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
supplies for painting with bleach
You don’t need much to achieve great results. In fact, you don’t need anything special! Of course, if you need to do some shopping, I always have supplies linked below and at the end of the post. But, before you shop, be sure to check out my Crafty Sales page for any deals you can take advantage of at your favorite crafting haunts.
- Colored Cardstock
- Outline Stamps
- Anti-static Powder & Brush
- Embossing Ink
- Embossing Powder
- Empty Water Brush
- Heat Tool
Looking for more specials and deals from your favorite craft stores?
Check out my Crafty Sales page – UPDATED DAILY!
steps to paint with bleach
- Sample scraps of colored cardstock to determine how bleach will react.
- Fill empty water brush with bleach. Be sure to label brush and only use it with bleach going forward.
- Stamp and heat emboss image as desired.
- Use bleach-filled water brush to paint as desired.
- Use heat tool to speed up drying.
- Add additional layers of bleach to continue lightening areas as desired.
- Add bleach splatter if desired.
Mixed Media Techniques That Make You Look Like a Creative Genius
5 techniques you can learn in just an hour that require no special skills!
watch the technique tutorial
My How To tutorial videos are filmed with real-time narration. You can pull out your supplies and follow along because there’s no editing, except for drying time. Pause when you need to, but otherwise, get ready and create right along with me!
share and inspire someone today!
you make a difference!
You can help my craft education efforts by using these links to shop for your craft supplies! These are Compensated Affiliate Links, meaning that when you click and shop, I may receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you. It’s an easy way to say “thanks” and keep this great content flowing!