You just spent hours coloring an amazing, detailed stamp. Problem is, you need multiple cards and you just can’t bear to color another one! What’s a crafter to do? Spotlighting to the rescue!
Affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at
no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
supplies for multi-layer spotlighting
You don’t need much to achieve great results. In fact, you don’t need anything special! Of course, if you need to do some shopping, I always have supplies linked below and at the end of the post. But, before you shop, be sure to check out my Crafty Sales page for any deals you can take advantage of at your favorite crafting haunts.
- Large stamped image
- Shaped die(s)
- Coloring medium of your choice
- Embossing & Die Cut Machine
- Foam Adhesive (optional)
Looking for more specials and deals from your favorite craft stores?
Check out my Crafty Sales page – UPDATED DAILY!
steps to multi-layer spotlight
- Stamp image(s) onto paper appropriate for your coloring medium.
- Stamp an exact copy of Step 1 on a second layer and leave plain or simply colored.
- Color initial mage as detailed as desired.
- Useshaped die(s) (any shape, any size) to cut out areas of the more detailed colored image.
- Adhere detailed diecut pieces to plain stamped layer from Step 2, placing the images exactly in the same place. Use foam adhesive to pop-up the detailed layer if desired.
Mixed Media Techniques That Make You Look Like a Creative Genius
5 techniques you can learn in just an hour that require no special skills!
watch the technique tutorial
My How To tutorial videos are filmed with real-time narration. You can pull out your supplies and follow along because there’s no editing, except for drying time. Pause when you need to, but otherwise, get ready and create right along with me!
share and inspire someone today!
you make a difference!
You can help my craft education efforts by using these links to shop for your craft supplies! These are Compensated Affiliate Links, meaning that when you click and shop, I may receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you. It’s an easy way to say “thanks” and keep this great content flowing!