Once you start heat embossing, you want to do it all the time. In every color. But, maaaannnn… that’s a lot of embossing powder. But, wait! There’s a smarter way! You can emboss in any color, AND even do cool color blends, or any other kind of cool ink technique, and emboss it! And, it’s so easy…
Affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at
no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
supplies for embossing in any color
Really, you just need your basic heat embossing supplies. Maybe one or two extras will help you out. Of course, if you need to do some shopping, I always have supplies linked below and at the end of the post. But, before you shop, be sure to check out my Crafty Sales page for any deals you can take advantage of at your favorite crafting haunts.
- cardstock and stamp sets
- Anti-static powder & brush ( I use baby powder and a basting brush)
- Embossing ink (Versamark Clear, recommended)
- Any color ink (dye ink, pigment ink, any kind of ink…. really!)
- CLEAR embossing powder
- Stamp positioning tool (MISTI recommended)
- Heat Tool
Looking for more specials and deals from your favorite craft stores?
Check out my Crafty Sales page – UPDATED DAILY!
steps to emboss in any color
- Apply anti-static powder to the cardstock
- Set up the stamp you want to emboss in a stamp positioning tool
- Apply Versamark to the stamp
- Then, apply the desired color(s) to the stamp, right over the Versamark ink
- Stamp the image on the cardstock
- Re-apply the colored ink to the image and stamp again to fill in any missed spots
- Coat with clear embossing powder and heat
Mixed Media Techniques That Make You Look Like a Creative Genius
5 techniques you can learn in just an hour that require no special skills!
watch the technique tutorial
My How To tutorial videos are filmed with real-time narration. You can pull out your supplies and follow along because there’s no editing, except for drying time. Pause when you need to, but otherwise, get ready and create right along with me!
See this technique in action!
Here’s a recent project that feature’s the embossed wood sheet technique.
share and inspire someone today!
you make a difference!
You can help my craft education efforts by using these links to shop for your craft supplies! These are Compensated Affiliate Links, meaning that when you click and shop, I may receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you. It’s an easy way to say “thanks” and keep this great content flowing!