I know you have wood sheets in your craft stash. They are really cool, but really, what can you do with them? Wood sheets are one of those supplies that you buy on a whim, but when you get it in hand, you’re lost. Am I right? The good news is that they’re really easy to use in a lot of creative ways! Today I’m sharing just one – embossing with an embossing folder!
Affiliate links are used in this post. When you click on them and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at
no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
supplies for embossing a wood sheet
You don’t need much to achieve great results. In fact, you don’t need anything special! Of course, if you need to do some shopping, I have the items linked here and down below. Be sure to check out my Crafty Sales page for any deals you can take advantage of at your favorite crafting haunts.
- Wood Sheets (can be paper backed, or not)
- Embossing Folder (regular or 3D style) pictured: Botanical & Rows of Squares
- Water Spray Bottle
- Embossing & Die Cut Machine
- Heat Tool
Looking for more specials and deals from your favorite craft stores?
Check out my Crafty Sales page – UPDATED DAILY!
steps to emboss a wood sheet
- Cut a wood sheet slightly larger than you will need
- Wet down the wood sheet with water using a water spray bottle. Allow the water to soak in.
- Place the damp wood sheet into the embossing folder. If the sheet is curled, gently un-curl and hold it in place while closing the embossing folder.
- Run the embossing folder through an embossing/die cutting machine using the manufactured suggested plate sandwich.
- Remove the embossed wood sheet from the folder and heat dry as necessary.
- Use the completed embossed wood sheet in your project!
Mixed Media Techniques That Make You Look Like a Creative Genius
5 techniques you can learn in just an hour that require no special skills!
watch the technique tutorial
My How To tutorial videos are filmed with real-time narration. You can pull out your supplies and follow along because there’s no editing, except for drying time. Pause when you need to, but otherwise, get ready and create right along with me!
See this technique in action!
Here’s a recent project that feature’s the embossed wood sheet technique.
share and inspire someone today!
you make a difference!
You can help my craft education efforts by using these links to shop for your craft supplies! These are Compensated Affiliate Links, meaning that when you click and shop, I may receive a small commission on your sale, at no additional cost to you. It’s an easy way to say “thanks” and keep this great content flowing!